Walter M. Riggs, Esquire
Walter received a B.S. degree in Business Administration in 1982 and a J.D. degree in 1988, both from the University of South Carolina. Until joining the Hanson Law Firm in 2007, he was in a general practice, which included criminal, domestic and civil litigation matters.
In addition to residential and commercial real estate transactions, Walter focuses his practice these days in the areas of wills, trusts, estate planning, estate probate and litigation matters, civil litigation matters, automobile accidents and appellate matters.
In his spare time, Walter loves fishing (particularly saltwater), boating, traveling, reading and cooking.
F. C. Enterprises vs. Dibble, 335 S.C. 260, 516 S.E.2d 459 (Ct. App. 1999)
W. L. Madden vs. Bent Palm Investments, LLC, et. al., 386 S.C. 459, 688 S.E.2d 597 (Ct. App. 2010)
Jeffrey S. Clary, et. al vs. Clifton Borrell, 398 S.C. 287; 727 S.E.2d 773 (Ct. App. 2012)
Professional Memberships & Community Activities:
- Carolina Regional Legal Services Board – 1989 to 1992
- United Way Campaign Representative – 1989 to 2001; United Way Area Funds Distribution Committee, 2000 to 2001
- Clarendon County Public Defender – 1995 to 2000; Chief Attorney – 1996 to 2000
- Clarendon County Drug Court Planning Committee – 1998 to 2002
- Attorney, Governor’s Guardian ad Litem Program – 2000 to 2002
- Judge for 6th Congressional District, SC Occupational Health & Safety Review Board – 1992 to 2002;
- Clarendon County Department of Social Services Advisory Board – 1998 to 2000; Chairman – 1999 to 2000
- South Carolina Bar, Member – 1988 to Present